This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sad panda.
thats why we love 1e :P
duck blind seeds at [1E-P] . it doesnt say it has to exist on a planet :P

where is my timetravel? will 96 accept kirk android, though?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:12 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:19 pm damn, id love to have a floaty staffed duck blind lol
I think even if you waybacked your way to 1996 rules and had Kirk Android and an Anthropology-borrowing Lal floating in space at a converted Genesis planet, they couldn't man a Duck Blind because DB seeds or plays on a planet mission. Once you boom Genesis Planet, it's a space mission so DB should be discarded for lack of valid target. :wink:
No need to worry about lack-of-a-valid-target rules (which always give me a headache)! The planetary destruction rules are very explicit that cards like Duck Blind go foom:
However, all cards on the planet or played on the planet are destroyed and discarded. This includes any personnel, landed ships, facilities, Events, or other cards there, including cards like The Guardian of Forever or Hotel Royale which specifically play on the planet.
I'd be lying if I said I weren't tempted to make my local friends play a version of the game where androids float in orbit and can have orbital personnel battles (!!), but for the purposes of official global rules, anything that involves floating in space will pretty much never work. :)

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:38 pm now we need an idestructible duck blind :P
This made me think about whether anything is "indestructible" in this game. I think even "May not be nullified" wouldn't save something on the planet that gets hit by Unstable Matrix.

I.e. "destroyed" not equal "nullified"?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
One of the most clever PAQ-era decks I saw was the first legal nonaligned-only deck... I believe it was from Brad DeFruiter aka Sirna Kolrami. There were two missions they could attempt (Qualor II Rendezvous and Samaritan Snare) but getting a facility was the tricky part. At this point in history you could only seed one outpost for each affiliation you were playing, and [NA] was not considered as an affiliation in its own right.

Brad's solution -- Devidian Door a Soong-type Android into space (legal then), give it the classification of ENGINEER, and use it to build a Neutral Outpost. From there, he was off to the races. And thus one of the OG "cool decks" was born.

I don't remember the rest of the details of his deck... since there were only 45 mission points available, I would guess Colony, using Ira Graves's Cybernetics (at that time a loaded skill that let unlimited (!) androids report for free to his location) to drop a bunch of CIVILIAN STANs. Anyone else remember this deck?

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.